I have been doing a lot of traveling lately with my board sponsor & surfboard shaper around japan. We decided to take a trip to the west side of japan. The Japan Sea. My sponsor being a past shortboard pro knew all about the timing of catching a swell on the west of japan. The timing was prefect! We scored. Here is some of Nihon kai famous food, saba sushi. Super delicious. Oh...yeah!!

My sponsor and the crew showing me where we are and also the history of that area & what is famous in that prefecture.

Still another 2 1/2 hours to go out of a 5 hour driver from shizuoka. Wow! Lucky I'm not driving....hahaha!

We finally reached our destination, Ishikawa ken. My sponsor's good friend & local surfer. Here is his surf shop, Stonney River's. Awesome surf shop.

Stonney River's even has a cool skate board quarter pipe.....awesome!

So our first session was somewhere in ishikawa, sorry this is just a picture from afar. Can't show you a picture of this local spot but let me tell you that the waves were unreal.....prefect! At least 3 to 4 ft. hawaiian scale.....super fun!

Of course after our first session you got to eat. So we decided to have raimen for lunch. Some pretty good stuff. I had the raimen with the charsu special. Unreal....ono!

Now is our second session. So of course check the waves, then go surf....yeah!

This point looked like ichinomiya. All with tetra ports and a similar wave fun and fast.

Here we are getting ready to chow. Special thanks to Anni for his hospitality while we were their. He really took good care of us all. A big mahalo, thank you.

For starters Sushi.....amazing! Onolicious!

Next came the calms but I forgot to get a picture of the calms. But I did get a picture of what Ishikawa ken is famous for the #1 crab in japan. Super delicious!!! Crab Miso, crab legs, and crab eggs! Oh...yeah!hahaha!

And more crab, I just couldn't stop eating. This thing was so delicious! Then came more sushi and another famous thing that ishikawa prefecture is famous for amai ebi. That was also delicious too! So after dinner we decided to call it a night. Stayed at the komatsu Grand Hotel. Just a beautiful place. I slept like a baby....ZZZzzzzZZzz!hahaha!

The next day we had breakfast & lunch at this really cute place where they served great coffee and egg waffles or something like that. Anyway it was awesome!

A picture of my egg waffle thing.

Check out my coffee, cool carmel design on the top. Super good!

Then we attended a local surf meet. Pretty cool beach break, with beautiful scenery. One thing that is bad is since Nihon Kai faces China & Korea all their waste that gets thrown into their waters flows an washes onto japan's beaches. Such a bad site to see. I walked along the beach, all I could see was most of the waste had korean or chinese writing. Beach clean was the best thing of the day, though. Nothing like keeping japans beaches clean.

After that it was back to shizuoka, where I'm designing my new 2011 longboard models with my shaper Sudo Yuki. Then its back to chiba for a day or two then its off to ibaragi and maybe Fukushima & Sendai. Busy,busy,busy! A picture of Mt.Fuji on my way back to chiba.